Romania it’s an interesting country to visit. There are both good and bad things about it, but I think that’s the case with all countries around the world. You can find below the most interesting places that I recommend you to visit while you’re in Romania.
City break If you like the urban agglomeration and you want to taste the cultural values of the Romanians, here are the cities that you must to visit:
- Bucharest (the capital city) – the biggest city in Romania, situated on the south part of Romania.
- Sibiu – it’s a cultural city and it has a special charm. It’s situated in Transylvania region.
- Iasi – another cultural city situated in the North-Est part of Romania in the Moldova region.
- Cluj-Napoca – situated as well in Transylvania region.
- Timisoara – located on the West of Romania in the Banat region.
Nature Lover If you’re a nature lover and you want to relax in a Romanian country style and benefit from the fresh air and the calm that the nature can bring into your body and soul, here are the top of recommendations.
- Prahova Valley – mountain resorts like: Sinaia, Predeal, Busteni, Azuga
- The Danube Delta – it’s a nice place to enjoy birdwatching, fishing and taste a lot of food based on fish.
- Transylvania Region – Poiana Brasov, Sighisoara, Fagaras
- Maramures Region – Borsa
Historical Places If you’re interested to see castles, remaining of old fortress or other important places in the history of Romania, here are the best places to see:
- Cetatea de Scaun (a fortress) – located at Suceava built by Stefan cel Mare ( Stephen the Great)
- Turnul Chindiei (Chindia Tower) and Cetatea de Scaun (a fortress) – situated at Tirgoviste and built by Vladislav III called also Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) or Dracula
- Castelul Bran (Bran Castle) – known also like Dracula’s Castle situated on the border between Transylvania and Muntenia (Greater Wallachia)
- Castelul Peles (Peles Castle) -it’s a romantic castle situated near Sinaia in the Prahova county.
- Castelul Corvinestilor (Hunyad Castle) situated in Hunedoara city, Hunedoara county.
- Palatul Parlamentului (The Palace of Parliament) – is the home of Romanian Parliament and is situated in Bucharest.
Monasteries There are lot of monasteries in Romania and each of them has something special. Here are few of them.
- Voronet Monastery located in the Gura Humorului town in the Bucovina region.
- Moldovita Monastery located in the Moldovita town, Suceava county.
- Putna Monastery built by Stephen the Great and located in Bucovina region as well.
- Varatec Monastery situated in the Neamt county, Moldavia Region.
- Corbii de Piatra Monastery ( The Stone Ravens) situated in the Corbi town, Arges County.
- Dragomirna Monastery – situated in the Dragomirna village, Suceava county.
- Curtea de Arges Cathedral situated in the Curtea de Arges town, Arges county.
- Namaiesti Monastery situated near Campulung town, Arges county.
- Barsana Monastery, a wooden monastery situated in the Barsana village, Maramures region.
Party Lover If you want to feel the Romanian party vibe, I recommend you to visit the following places:
- The pubs and clubs from Bucharest, you can enjoy here the Romanian nightlife.
- If you’re going to visit during summer time I recommend you the Black Sea tourist resorts – Mamaia, Costinesti, EforieNord, Vama Veche. You can enjoy the sun and the sea during the day and the beach discos during the night.